Effective as of February 9, 2022.
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, mailing address, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Demographic data, such as your city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
- Communications data based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Service or otherwise.
- Communications preferences data, such as your preferences for receiving our communications and details about your engagement with them.
- Job application data, such as professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, LinkedIn profile page, personal website, authorization to work in the U.S., immigration status, criminal history, and other information that may be included on a resume or curriculum vitae as well as in a cover letter. This may also include diversity information that you voluntarily provide.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the automatic collection described above is facilitated by the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
These technologies are used for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. For example, we use Google Analytics for this purpose. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how to prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Essential. Essential cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of our Service (for example to remember information you entered on a previous page).
Data about others. Service visitors may have the opportunity to refer other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact details with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and Advertising. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Direct Marketing: We (or others with whom we engage) may send you direct marketing communications.
You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
- Interest-Based Advertising: You can learn more about your choices for limiting interest-based advertising in the Your Choices section below.
To manage our recruiting and process employment applications. We may use personal information, such as information submitted to us in a job application, to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, and monitoring recruitment statistics.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device and browser from which you wish to opt-out.
We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.